Health Safety Policy
Health & Safety Policy
ECL is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public within all of our company operations.
Hazards to health and safety will be eliminated or where this is not possible, the associated risks will be managed so as to achieve a level of risk as low as reasonably practicable.
ECL considers the company’s standard of health and safety to be vital to the success of the company and has integrated health and safety requirements within the company’s management systems that focuses on continuous improvement.
To achieve this standard of Health and Safety, company management will, :
• Comply with relevant legislation, Standards, Codes of Practice and other requirements where applicable.
• Actively promote a culture among our employees that aims to achieve ‘NIL HARM’ to people and to property.
• Manage health and safety in accordance with the company’s Health and Safety Management System.
• Provide a safe place to work.
• Provide safe operating procedures for all company activities.
• Identify workplace hazards, assess and eliminate or control risks.
• Consult with personnel and encourage their contributions, in matters affecting health and safety.
• Provide relevant information, instruction, training and supervision to enable every employee to perform their duties effectively and safely.
• Providing sufficient information to contractors and visitors on possible risks to health and safety.
• Making safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) available whenever required.
• Establish measurable targets and objectives so that Health and Safety performance can be measured.
Each employee has the responsibility to:
• Follow all safe work practices, procedures, instructions and rules.
• Work in a manner which ensures the health and safety of themselves and all other people.
• Stop work or not commence a work task if safety cannot be assured until risk is eliminated or reduced to as low as reasonably practicable.
• Encourage other employees to work in a healthy and safe manner.
• Participate in training.
• Report or rectify any unsafe conditions that come to their attention.
This policy forms an integral part of our Health and Safety Management System. Our aim to achieve ‘zero harm’ can only be achieved through consultation and cooperation by all company personnel