Mobil SHC 629
Mobil SHC 629
The Mobil SHC 600 Series lubricants are exceptional performance gear and bearing oils designed to provide outstanding service in terms of equipment protection, oil life and problem-free operation helping to enable increased customer productivity. The Mobil SHC 600 Series of products feature excellent low temperature properties, as well as improved air release performance in the lower viscosity grades.
The Mobil SHC 600 Series of lubricants have low traction coefficients relative to mineral oils, derived from the molecular structure of the base stocks used. This results in low fluid friction in the load zone of non-conforming surfaces such as gears and rolling contact bearings. Low fluid friction produces lower operating temperatures and improved gear efficiency, which translates into reduced power consumption. The Mobil SC 600 Series products have demonstrated up to 3.6% improvement in energy efficiency in controlled laboratory testing.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
The development of the Mobil SHC 600 series was the collaboration between Mobil scientists and application specialists with key Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to ensure that the products provide exceptional performance in the continually evolving industrial equipment designs.
- Superb high temperature thermal/oxidation resistance, which helps extend equipment high temperature operating capability and increase oil life and reducing maintenance costs
- High Viscosity Index and absence of wax, maintains viscosity and film thickness at high temperatures, which helps enable exceptional low temperature performance, including start-up
- Low traction coefficient, helps reduce friction and increase efficiency in sliding mechanisms such as gearing, with potential for reduced power consumption and lower steady-state operating temperatures.
- Mobil SHC 600 Series lubricants are recommended for use in a wide variety of gear and bearing applications where high or low temperatures are encountered or where operating temperatures or bulk oil temperatures are such that conventional lubricants give unsatisfactory life, or where improved efficiency is desired. Filled for life gearboxes, especially high ratio/low-efficiency worm gears.
- Remotely located gearboxes, where oil change-out is difficultLow temperature applications, such as ski lifts where seasonal oil changes can be avoided
- Mixer roller bearings and roll neck bearings where high temperatures are encountered
- The Mobil SHC 629 is suitable for Oil Flooded Rotary Screw Compressors compressing natural gas, field gas gathering, CO2 and other process gasses used in the natural gas industry
- Mobil SHC 629 is approved by Siemens AG for use in Flender gearboxes