Mobil Velocite Oils No. 3
Mobil Velocite No 3
The Mobil Velocite Oil Numbered oils are premium performance products designed for high-speed spindles in machine tools. They are also used in some critical hydraulic, circulation systems and air line oilers where the appropriate viscosity grade is selected. They are formulated from high quality, low viscosity base oils and additives that impart good resistance to oxidation, rust and corrosion.
They possess very good resistance to foaming and separate readily from water.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
• Long service life reduces replacement costs, minimises downtime and increases productivity
• Extended equipment service intervals reduce maintenance costs
• Reduced formation of sludge and deposits for trouble-free operation
• Increased precision
• Easy removal of moisture from system reservoirs
• High speed spindle bearings in machine tools and equipment where high speeds and fine clearances are involved
• Precision grinders, lathes, jig borers and tracer mechanisms
• Velocite Oil No 3 is recommended for “zero clearance” type spindle bearings which operate with extremely close clearances
• For sleeve type spindle bearings having greater clearances, the choice of viscosity depends on the relation between clearance and spindle speed
• Low pressure hydraulic systems where appropriate viscosity is selected
• For certain sensitive instruments such as telescopes and laboratory equipment