Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine
Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine
Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine, a member of the Mobilgrease XHP family, is a highly specialized grease engineered to handle the lubrication demands of off-road equipment used in the mining industry. Using the same leading edge, proprietary lithium complex technology, Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine utilizes an ISO 680 viscosity and a polymer-enhanced backbone to provide the water resistance and wet shear stability critical to successful grease lubrication for this environment. The AW/EP additive system coupled with 5% molybdenum di-sulfide loading provides balanced load-carrying capability across a spectrum of load, speed and temperature conditions, all prevalent in mining equipment used in the job of digging and hauling mineral deposits on a daily basis. Additionally, Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine has exceptional staying power and extended service capabilities with very good water wash-out, spray-off, will not corrode steel or copper bearing alloys, is compatible with conventional sealing materials. All of this performance does not come at the expense of pumping characteristics, as Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine retains good mobility even at moderately low temperatures.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
A key factor in the excellent adhesion and cohesion properties and high drop point of Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine is the proprietary manufacturing technology developed at our research facilities and adopted by our modern manufacturing facilities. These products use specially selected additives to provide excellent oxidation stability, rust and corrosion control, resistance to water contamination as well as anti-wear and EP protection
- Superb resistance to water washout and spray-off helps assure proper lubrication and protection even in the most severe water exposure conditions
- Highly adhesive and cohesive structure provides excellent grease tenacity helps reduce leakage and extend re-lubrication intervals for reduced maintenance requirements
- Excellent rust and corrosion resistance helps protect lubricated parts even in hostile aqueous environments, especially acidic water
- Very good resistance to thermal, oxidative and structural degradation at high temperature extends grease life and enhances bearing protection in high temperature applications and helps reduce maintenance and replacement costs
- Very good anti-wear and EP performance, provides reliable protection of lubricated equipment, even under conditions of high sliding and shock loading with potential for extended equipment life and reduced unanticipated downtime
Mobilgrease XHP 681 Mine is designed primarily for use in the mining industry where it is recommended by ExxonMobil for the lubrication of slow moving plain and rolling element bearings. It will provide extraordinary performance in contractor, construction, earth-moving, mobile and stationary equipment particularly where long lubrication intervals or oscillating/vibrating motion is present.