Mobilgard 300 by ExxonMobil is a premium quality, extra high performance system oil designed for crosshead diesel engines. High quality paraffinic base oils along with a balanced additive system provide excellent protection even for the severe operating conditions of the latest design, high-output crosshead marine diesel engines. This product has sufficient alkalinity to neutralise any strong acids which may find their way into the crankcase from the combustion of fuel sulphur, and it has enhanced load carrying ability in order to reduce wear in heavily loaded bearings.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
Mobilgard 300 is formulated from high quality paraffinic base oils that have excellent thermal stability and oxidation resistance. These base oil characteristics are augmented with a balanced additive system that includes special high temperature oxidation inhibitors, alkaline detergents, a load carrying component and defoamant. The formulation has maximum antiwear properties, good rust protection in the presence of salt water, and excellent water separation characteristics.
- Improved thermal and oxidation stability reduces deposits in piston cooling spaces and crankcase for better piston cooling efficiency
- Enhanced detergency gives cleaner crankcases and circulation tanks
- Excellent rust and corrosion properties for longer bearing life and protects critical bearing surfaces
- Good water tolerance and separation capability allows for effective lubrication in the presence of water to longer oil life due to efficient water separation
- Mobilgard 300 is recommended primarily for use as system oil in late model, high-output, crosshead diesel engines, especially those engines employing the system oil for piston cooling.
- Mobilgard 300 will prevent or reduce deposit formation in the piston cooling spaces, thus maintaining piston cooling efficiency and reducing the incidence of piston top burning and piston crown cracking.
- Mobilgard 300 will also prevent or reduce crankcase deposits and will provide outstanding protection for heavily loaded bearings. Its reserve alkalinity allows for the burning of high sulphur fuel.
- Good rust prevention and water separation characteristics make Mobilgard 300 an excellent system oil in older design crosshead diesel engines which have water-cooled pistons and where crankcase deposits can be a problem with lower-quality system oils.