Mobilgard 12 Series by ExxonMobil are high performance diesel engine oils developed for use in trunk piston engines operating on low sulphur distillate fuels in marine and industrial applications. They are formulated to have excellent resistance to oxidation and viscosity increase over a long period of service. They have superior water separating properties and provide excellent corrosion protection.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
Mobilgard 12 Series is formulated with base oils having proven successful performance in diesel engines. The additive system is balanced to provide excellent resistance to thermal degradation under moderately severe operating conditions. They also provide good engine cleanliness and superior wear protection.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability helps extend periods between inspections, overhaul and cleaning
- Improved antiwear properties helps reduce ring and liner wear
- Excellent TBN reserve and retention allows for increased protection against corrosive wear
- Excellent detergency/dispersancy properties leading to increased oil service life and cleaner engines
- The Mobilgard 12 Series diesel engine oils are intended for use as cylinder and bearing lubricants in marine and industrial diesel engines operating on distillate fuels or light fuel blends.
- They are particularly effective in small bore, high speed engines in fishing fleets; in new, severe service engines; and in many types of medium speed engines.
- They may be used as crankcase lubricants in large crosshead type diesel engines operating on high sulphur fuels. Mobilgard 512 is recommended occasionally by some builders as running-in oil for crosshead type engines.