Mobilgard M440 by ExxonMobil are premium, extra high performance 40 TBN engine oils designed for use in the most severe residual-fuelled medium-speed diesel applications found in marine and stationary power industries. These outstanding trunk piston engine oils are formulated utilizing the high performance additive detergent technology and provide outstanding residual fuel compatibility characteristics for excellent engine cleanliness, especially in crankcase, camshaft areas, ring belt and piston undercrowns. They also demonstrate excellent high temperature oxidation and thermal stability, low volatility, and high load carrying properties and corrosion protection.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
Mobilgard M40 Series oils have outstanding thermal and oxidation stability. They have excellent TBN retention and resistance to viscosity increases over long operating periods. They also promote a high level of engine cleanliness with protection against wear. Compared to other medium speed engine oils, they have excellent lube/fuel compatibility and separate easily from water.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability leading to reduced deposits in piston undercrown and ring belt areas
- Improved anti-wear properties extends the life of critical wear surfaces
- Advanced detergency/dispersancy cleans camshaft and crankcase spaces
- Outstanding rust and corrosion properties protects wear surfaces from water and acidic corrosion
- High residual fuel compatibility reduces sludge formation, longer oil life, cleaner engines
- Excellent TBN reserve and retention combats fuel/combustion related corrosion and deposits
- Mobilgard M40 Series oils can be used in most medium-speed trunk piston engine applications.
- They are recommended for use in main propulsion and auxiliary engines on deep-sea vessels; in main propulsion engines on coastal and river ships; and in stationary power plants.
- Mobilgard M440 is designed to meet the needs of engines operating on heavy fuel. They are recommended for use in the latest model medium speed diesel engines and are especially beneficial in engines having low crankcase oil consumption or operating with low cylinder liner temperatures.
- Relatively high alkalinity reserves in these oils provide superior protection in neutralising the strong acids resulting from the use of high sulphur fuels that find access to the crankcase to promote oil degradation and ring, cylinder, and bearing corrosion.