Mobilgard 450 NC
Mobilgard 450 NC
Mobilgard 450 NC (No Chlorine) engine oil by ExxonMobil is a non-zinc and non-chlorine lubricant formulated with high-quality base stocks which provide low consumption characteristics, high-temperature oxidation resistance, and thermal stability. These base stocks are combined with specially selected stable additives resulting in an engine oil with well-balanced properties.
The detergent/dispersant qualities of Mobilgard 450 NC increases filter life and engine cleanliness. Its sustained high alkalinity provides excellent corrosion protection when using fuels containing up to 1.5 percent sulphur even though metals such as steel, copper, silver and bronze are present. Mobilgard 450 NC has outstanding lubricating properties and provides the necessary protection against corrosion.
Mobilgard 450 NC exhibits superior quality in reduced wear in piston rings and cylinder liners. It possesses good water separating ability.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
- High thermal and oxidation stability protects against sludge formation in intermittent marine service providing cleaner, smoother running engines
- Effective anti-wear and load carrying properties protects critical wear surfaces and extends engine life
- High TBN and outstanding TBN retention controls deposits and neutralizes acids produced in the combustion process
- Excellent detergency/dispersancy controls carbon deposits and varnish formation which can lead to extended oil and filter life
- Mobilgard 450 NC engine oil has been specifically formulated to meet requirements of heavily loaded diesel engines manufactured by EMD and used in marine applications.
- Mobilgard 450 NC suitable for other high horsepower marine diesel engines, or higher brake mean effective pressure (BMEP) using distillate fuels with a sulphur content up to 1.5 percent.Mobilgard 450 NC will lubricate such engines in drilling rigs and stationary power generation service as well.
- Mobilgard 450 NC has been approved by EMD and is recommended for diesel engines manufactured by Alco, Detroit Diesel (API CF-2) and Fairbanks Morse.
- Mobilgard 450 NC engine oil meets the requirements of an SAE 40 grade marine diesel engine oil and is suitable wherever API CF and/or CF-2 performance is specified.
- Mobilgard 450 NC has quality recognition by EMD, excellent DD6V92 TA test