Mobil Pegasus 1005
Mobil Pegasus 1005
Mobil Pegasus 1005 is the latest addition to the Mobil Pegasus pedigree of proven natural gas engine oils with a balanced, durable formulation. Designed to provide today’s high output, low emission four cycle gas engines with the highest levels of protection, it is a high performance gas engine oil that maintains superior performance in earlier model engines. Mobil Pegasus 1005 uses high quality base stocks and advanced additive technology to deliver exceptional oxidation stability, nitration resistance and thermal stability. Mobil Pegasus 1005 formulation provides outstanding anti-wear characteristics to protect heavily loaded valve train components, pistons, liners, bearings and gear trains while maintaining compatibility with catalytic converter materials. Its detergent and dispersant system controls the formation of carbon and varnish deposits to minimise oil consumption and maintain engine cleanliness even during extended drain intervals.
Mobil Pegasus 1005 keeps engines running longer and cleaner with improved reliability to increase productivity.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
• Extended lubricant drain intervals reduces maintenance costs
• Reduced formation of sludge and deposits maximises engine efficiency and heat production
• Caterpillar, Deutz, Jenbacher, Rolls Royce-Bergen, Wartsila, Waukesha and other turbocharged, naturally aspirated, medium to high speed four-cycle engines requiring a low ash oil
• Lean-burn and stoichiometric four-cycle engines operating under high load, high temperature conditions
• High speed four-cycle gas engines used in cogeneration applications
• Natural gas fuelled engines equipped with catalytic converters
• Applications using alternate fuels containing low levels of sulphur or chlorine
• Field gathering operations where sour gas (low levels of H2S is less than 0.1% or 1000ppm) is used as fuel