Mobil Pegasus 610
Mobil Pegasus™ 610
Mobil Pegasus™ 610 is a high performance natural gas engine oil primarily intended for the lubrication of modern medium and high speed four-cycle engines operating on fuel that contains corrosive materials such as hydrogen sulphide or halogens (compounds containing chlorine, fluorine, etc.). These engines are generally of the lean-burn design where increased manifold pressures prevent sufficient lubricant from reaching the valve guide areas resulting in low oil consumption which can lead to accelerated valve guide and valve recession. This effect also increases the potential for wear and acid attack of upper cylinder components from the acidic materials generated during combustion. Mobil Pegasus 610 is a high TBN gas engine oil with exceptional reserve alkalinity designed to offset the negative effects of these corrosive materials on engine components. The excellent corrosion protection properties help to prevent wear in cylinders, valve areas and bearings which can result in longer engine life and lower maintenance costs. Mobil Pegasus 610 provides excellent anti-wear and anti-scuff performance assuring minimal piston scuffing, scoring and cylinder and ring wear. This oil can also be used for the lubrication of the reciprocating compressors in landfill and biomass gas applications.
Mobil Pegasus 610 is formulated from high quality mineral base oils combined with an advanced technology additive system designed to provide excellent protection of engine and compressor components. This product exhibits a high level of chemical stability and resistance to oxidation and nitration. Mobil Pegasus 610 offers outstanding resistance to valve train wear and protection against deposit and sludge formation. These performance advantages combined with the very effective detergency and dispersancy characteristics control the formation of ash and carbon deposits that could result in poor engine performance and detonation induced pre-ignition.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
- Extended lubricant drain intervals reduces maintenance costs
- Extended catalytic converter service intervals reduces maintenance costs
- Excellent protection against corrosion by contaminated gas
- Reduced formation of combustion chamber ash
- Improved spark plug performance
- Optimum operating efficiency
- Gas engines operating on fuel that contains moderate level of hydrogen sulphide
- Engines operating on fuel containing corrosive components such as TOHCI (Total Organic Halides such as Chloride)such as landfill or biomass gas
- Spark ignited four cycle gas engines with very low oil consumption
- Reciprocating compressors operating on natural gas that contains sulphur or chlorine compounds
- High output or naturally aspirated engines operating at, or in excess of, rated capacity under high temperatures