Mobil SHC Gear 46M
Mobil SHC Gear 46M
Mobil SHC Gear 46M is a supreme performance ultra high viscosity synthetic lubricants designed specifically for use in heavily loaded, low speed open gears where boundary lubrication conditions often prevail. It is formulated from synthetic base stock, which has remarkable low-temperature fluidity, even at such a high viscosity grade. This ultra high viscosity product can be pumped over relatively long distances and use standard spray application equipment. The combination of a naturally high viscosity index and a unique additive system gives the product exceptional thermal/oxidative properties and provides outstanding performance under severe high and low temperature operating conditions even with very slow moving gears. The additive formulation also provides excellent gear scuffing protection, anti-wear performance and rust and corrosion inhibition.
Mobil SHC Gear 46M exceed Falk Corporation's minimum viscosity requirements for intermittent lubrication of gears - winter and summer grades. This grade also meets the viscosity requirements for AGMA lubricant number 15R although it is not a residual lubricant, but a leading edge synthetic product. Mobil SHC Gear 46M does not contain any solvent or any asphaltic-type base oil.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
Mobil SHC Gear 46M provides the benefits not possible with mineral stock, particularly under extreme high and low temperature operating conditions, and delivers performance features and customer benefits. This ultra high viscosity product is particularly effective in low-speed, high load, high temperature situations and provides excellent gear and bearing protection, longer oil life and excellent all-round service compared with conventional products.
- Thick EHL fluid film formation and selected additives provide outstanding load-carrying, anti-wear and tackiness properties
- Excellent pump-ability at ambient temperatures
- Uses existing lubricant spray equipment
- Lower application rates than greases, less waste compared to asphalt/solvent products
- Light coloured product
- Mobil SHC Gear 46M is designed specifically for use in heavy loaded, low speed open gearing which drive stationary rotating machinery. Product is typically applied by intermittent spray nozzle systems
- Kilns and mills in metal mining, cement and limestone production and sugar plants
- Slow speed, heavily loaded plain and rolling contact bearings