Mobil SHC Gear 150
Mobil SHC Gear 150
Mobil SHC Gear Series is a line of supreme performance, fully synthetic industrial gear oils designed to provide outstanding protection of gears and bearings, extended oil life even under extreme conditions, helping to enable problem-free operation of equipment and increased customer productivity. Mobil SHC Gear Series lubricants contain an advanced proprietary additive system designed to provide excellent protection against conventional wear modes such as scuffing as well as a high level of resistance against micropitting fatigue. In addition, compared to conventional gear oil chemistries, it offers the potential for improved lubrication of gearbox rolling element bearings
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
To address the issue of micropitting wear, our formulation scientists used a combination of additives which would resist traditional gear wear mechanisms as well as protecting against micropitting. Mobil SHC Gear product provide exceptional oil life and deposit control and resistance to thermal/oxidative and chemical degradation, as well as the balance of the performance features.
- Superb protection from micropitting fatigue wear as well as high resistance to traditional scuffing wear
- Excellent resistance to degradation at high temperatures
- Reduced fluid friction produces lower operating temperatures and improved gear efficiency
- High viscosity index equating to reduced viscosity change with temperature
- Excellent resistance to rust and corrosion and very good demulsibility
- Excellent shear stability
- No filter plugging, even in the presence of water
- Excellent seal compatibility
- Excellent compatibility with common gearbox materials and with mineral-based gear oils
Application considerations: While the Mobil SHC Gear Series are compatible with mineral oil based products, admixture may detract from their performance. Consequently it is recommended that before changing a system to one of the Mobil SHC Gear Series, it should be thoroughly cleaned out and flushed to achieve the maximum performance benefit.
Mobil SHC Gear lubricants are recommended for enclosed industrial gear drives including steel-on-steel spur, helical, and bevel gears. They are especially recommended for applications that may be subject to micropitting: especially heavily loaded gearboxes with surface-hardened tooth metallurgies. It may also be used in gear applications where extreme low and/or high temperatures are encountered and applications where corrosion may be severe.