Mobil Comp Oil 150 IR
Mobil™ Compressor Oil 150 IR
Mobil Compressor Oil 150 IR is a premium quality compounded lubricant specially developed for cylinder lubrication of gas compressors. Compressor Oil 150 IR is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in reciprocating compressors with separate cylinder lubrication systems operating on natural gas or other hydrocarbon gases. Mobil Compressor Oil 150 IR is formulated from high quality mineral base oil and selected additives to give excellent thermal and oxidative stability helping to minimize harmful carbon deposit formation on exhaust valves, pistons, rods and packings. This lubricant also has excellent film strength that resists wash-off by wet gases or hydrocarbons in the gas which may condense during compression.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
The use of the Mobil Compressor Oil 150 IR can result in cleaner compressors and lower deposits compared to conventional mineral oils, resulting in longer running periods between maintenance intervals. This product’s excellent oxidation and thermal stability safely allow extended life capability while controlling sludge and deposit formation. It possesses outstanding anti-wear and corrosion protection, which enhances equipment life and performance.
- Low Carbon Deposit Formation helps improve valve response and performance and helps reduce deposits in discharge lines, also helping extend equipment life and contributes to reduced maintenance costs.
- Excellent Oxidation and Thermal Stability, leading to longer oil life, helping improve filter life, and lower maintenance costs and helps reduce deposit formation
- Excellent Wear Protection providing effective lubricating film helping to reduce wear of rings, cylinders, bearings and gears
- Excellent Water Resistance resists wash off by wet gasses, helping to maintain equipment lubrication and protection
- Effective Rust and Corrosion Protection helps improve protection of valves and reduce wear of rings and cylinder
Recommended for cylinder lubrication in reciprocating compressors with separate cylinder lubrication systems operating in natural gas or other hydrocarbon gases. Suitable for use over a wide range of operating temperatures typically found in an oil and gas production environment.