Mobil DTE 932 GT
Mobil™ DTE™ 932 GT
Mobil™ DTE™ 932 GT is a next generation high performance turbine oil designed for use in large frame turbines under severe operating conditions. This product is based on selected high quality base oils carefully balanced with a proprietary additive system to provide long oil life in combination with industry leading “keep clean” performance. The formulations also include a non-zinc antiwear system to meet the load carrying requirements of geared turbines.
Mobil DTE 932 GT meets the requirements of modern combustion turbines where the oil is used both as a turbine bearing lubricant as well as for hydraulic controls. Mobil DTE 932 GT is specifically formulated for General Electric Frame 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 turbines with common bearing and hydraulic oil reservoir, where varnish control is most needed.
The carefully balanced combination of base oils and additives is designed to limit the occurrence of varnish formation in the hydraulic system of these turbines. The keep clean performance in combination with a high level of oxidation and thermal stability help provide long and reliable turbine performance.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
For modern stationary gas turbines operating at high power outputs, exceptional protection against thermal/oxidative degradation and deposit control are key requirements. Severe operation causes thermal stressing of the lubricant that can result in filter plugging, servo valve deposits or short oil life.
- Excellent thermal/oxidation stability, which helps reduce downtime leading to more reliable operation
- Reduces varnish formation potential, leading to reliable turbine operation and helps reduce maintenance of hydraulic system components
- Excellent foam control and air release, for quick start up potential, even at lower ambient temperatures
- Good electrical conductivity which helps reduce varnish formation potential leading to reliable turbine operation and helps reduce maintenance of hydraulic system components.
Mobil DTE 932 GT is a high performance turbine oil designed for use in gas turbine oil systems, direct- or gear-coupled, and turbine speed control mechanisms. Specific applications include:
- Combustion turbine bearing and hydraulic systems in both power generation and mechanical drive configurations
- Particularly suited for General Electric frame 6, 7 and 9 applications where varnish control of the hydraulic system is desired
- NOT recommended for steam turbine applications.
Application Note: Mobil DTE 932 GT is not compatible with Mobil DTE 732. Drain and flush is required when converting.