Mobil SHC Pegasus 30
Mobil SHC Pegasus 30™
Mobil SHC Pegasus™ is a new category of advanced technology natural gas engine oil designed to provide today’s high output, low-emission four-cycle gas engines with the highest levels of protection with the added potential benefit of fuel consumption reductions. Mobil SHC Pegasus is the latest addition to the technologically advanced line of Mobil Pegasus natural gas engine oils that offer high performance, long service life and improved productivity.
Mobil SHC Pegasus uses a patented combination of high quality base stocks and advanced additive technology to deliver exceptional oxidation stability, nitration resistance and thermal stability, which in turn provide the opportunity to extend drain intervals by up to three times that of conventional gas engine oils. The formulation of Mobil SHC Pegasus has been carefully balanced to provide outstanding anti-wear characteristics to protect heavily loaded valve train components, pistons, liners, bearings, and gear trains while maintaining compatibility with catalytic converter materials. Its detergent-dispersant system controls the formation of carbon and varnish deposits to minimize oil consumption and maintain engine cleanliness even during extended drain intervals. Extended drain intervals can translate to lower operating and maintenance costs.
Fuel can be one of the largest expenses in any application. Mobil SHC Pegasus offers the opportunity to reduce fuel consumption. Extensive and statistically validated independent laboratory testing, bench testing and field testing demonstrated that Mobil SHC Pegasus helped reduce fuel consumption by up to 1.5% compared to a standard natural gas engine oil.*
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
- Patented technology proven it provide up to 1.5% reduction in fuel consumption compared to stander natural gas engine oils
- Improves oil drain interval: reduces number of oil changes, fewer oil purchases, creates less waste oil and labour to help lower operating costs and increase engine availability. Increased engine availability enables higher productivity
- Helps control deposits in combustion chamber and piston ring zone to maximise engine efficiency and reliability. Helps control deposits in heat exchangers to maximise heat production
- Low oil volatility helps minimise engine and exhaust system deposits to help extend catalytic converter life and extend intervals between heat exchanger cleanings. Helps reduce make up oil additions and lubricant purchases.
- Helps control wear on critical engine components. Maintains engine reliability and performance.
- Turbocharged, naturally aspirated, medium to high speed four cycle engines requiring low ash oil
- Lean-burn and stoichiometric four-cycle engines operating under high load, high temperature conditions
- High-speed four-cycle gas engines used in cogeneration applications
- Natural gas fuelled engines equipped with catalytic converters
- Gas engines operating on fuel that contains low levels of hydrogen sulphide. Consult OEM for specific fuel gas and oil drain interval recommendations.