Mobil Jet Oil II
Mobil Jet Oil II
Mobil Jet Oil II is a high performance aircraft-type gas turbine lubricant formulated with a combination of a highly stable synthetic base fluid and a unique chemical additive package. The combination provides outstanding thermal and oxidative stability to resist deterioration and deposit formation in both the liquid and vapour phases, as well as excellent resistance to foaming. The effective operating range of Mobil Jet Oil II is between -40ºC (-40 ºF) AND 204 ºC (400ºF).
Mobil Jet Oil II is engineered for aircraft gas turbine engines used in commercial and military service requiring MIL-PRF-23699F-STD level performance. It also is recommended for aircraft-type gas turbine engines in industrial or marine service applications.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability reduces the formation of carbon and sludge deposits and maintains engine efficiency and extends engine life
- Excellent wear and corrosion protection helps extend gear and bearing life thereby reduces engine maintenance
- Retains viscosity and film strength across wide temperature ranges, providing effective lubrication at high operating temperatures
- Chemically stable, reducing evaporation losses and lowers oil consumption
- Low pour point, eases start-up in low ambient temperature conditions
- Mobil Jet Oil II is recommended for aircraft gas turbine engines of the turbo-jet, turbo-fan, turbo-prop, and turbo-shaft (helicopter) types in commercial and military service.
- It is also recommended for aircraft-type gas turbine engines used in industrial or marine applications.
- Mobil Jet Oil II is approved against the Standard Performance (STD) classification of U.S. Military Specification MIL-PRF-23699.It is also compatible with other synthetic gas turbine lubricants meeting MIL-PRF-23699.
- However, mixing with other products is not recommended because the blend would result in some loss of the performance characteristics of Mobil Jet Oil II.
- Mobil Jet Oil II is compatible with all metals used in gas turbine construction, as well as with F Rubber (Viton A), H Rubber (Buna N), and silicone seal materials.
Has the following approvals:
MIL (US) MIL-PRF-23699 and SAE AS5780 - Class: SPC.
Has the following builder approvals:
General Electric Company
Honeywell/Garrett-Turbine Engine Company
Pratt and Whitney (Canada)
Pratt and Whitney Group
Rolls-Royce/Allison Engine Company
Hamilton Sundstrand corp.- APUs, Constant-speed drives and integrated-drive generators
Honeywell-Auxiliary power units and air cycle machines