Mobil Jet Oil 254
Mobil Jet Oil 254
Mobil Jet Oil 254 is a third-generation, extra high performance, synthetic aircraft-type gas turbine lubricant engineered to meet the performance requirements for gas turbine engines used in commercial and military aircraft. This product is formulated from a specially prepared, hindered- ester base stock and fortified with a unique chemical additive package. The result is a product having superior thermal and oxidation stability that resists deterioration and deposit formation while maintaining the physical characteristics required by builder and military specifications. The physical properties of Mobil Jet Oil 254 are similar to those of currently available, earlier-generation gas turbine lubricants. The effective operating range of the lubricant is between -40°C (-40 °F) AND 232°C (450°F).
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability, reduces the formation of carbon and sludge deposits, maintains engine efficiency and extends engine life
- Reduces bulk oil oxidation by 50%
- Excellent wear and corrosion protection helps extend seal, gear and bearing life thereby reducing engine maintenance
- Viscosity and shear stability across wide temperature range helps provide effective lubrication at high operating temperatures
- Chemically stable at high operating temperatures reducing evaporation losses and lowers oil consumption
- Excellent resistance to foaming maintains film strength under rigorous operating conditions
- Good low temperature fluidity permits start-up and ensures effective lubrication of critical components at temperatures as low as -40 °F
Mobil Jet Oil 254 is recommended for aircraft gas turbine engines of the turbo-jet, turbo-fan, turbo-prop, and turbo-shaft (helicopter) types used in commercial and military service.
- It is also suitable for aircraft-type gas turbine engines used in industrial or marine applications.
- Mobil Jet Oil 254 is approved against the High Thermal Stability (HTS) classification of U.S. Military Specification MIL-PRF-23699.
- It is also compatible with other synthetic gas turbine lubricants meeting MIL-PRF-23699.
- However, mixing with other products is not recommended because the blend would result in some loss of the superior performance characteristics of Mobil Jet Oil 254.
- Mobil Jet Oil 254 is completely compatible with all metals used in gas turbine construction, as well as with F Rubber (Viton A), H Rubber (Buna N), and other commonly used seal materials.
Has the following approvals:
MIL (US) MIL-PRF-23699 HTS and SAE AS5780 - Class: HPC.
Has the following builder approvals:
General Electric Company,
Honeywell/Garrett Turbine Engine Company
International Aero Engines,
Pratt and Whitney (Canada),
Pratt and Whitney Group,
Rolls-Royce/Allison Engine Company,
Hamilton Sundstrand Corp.-APUs, constant-speed drives and integrated-drive generators
Honeywell-Auxiliary power units and air cycle machines,