Mobilarma 524 is a premium performance product primarily intended as run-in or lay-up lubricant, which provide effective rust preventive films on the internal surfaces of machinery. It is particularly suitable as run-in lubricant for diesel and gasoline engines. The oil displaces water from metal surfaces and form strong water-resistant films on the metal surfaces to prevent rust and corrosion Mobilarma 524 absorbs the water in systems into a water-in-oil emulsion so that the contact surfaces of the machinery still get satisfactory lubrication. Its high level of chemical stability and its anti-wear and detergent properties makes it suitable as a high quality short-term lubricant.
In most applications, the residual rust preventive films need not be flushed away when the assembly is filled with lubricating oil or hydraulic fluid and put back in service. However, flushing with a charge of lubricating oil to remove the Mobilarma product or its residual film, is recommended if:
- Mobilarma 524 does not provide the required lubricant characteristics to operate the equipment at rated loads and temperatures.
- Draining of the equipment is difficult and considerable pockets of Mobilarma 524 cannot be easily removed.
- Contamination of the system oil by Mobilarma 524 could reduce the lubrication performance characteristics (examples; Mobilarma 524 could increase Freon cloud points in compressors or water-in-oil emulsions reduce anti-wear characteristics in high pressure hydraulic systems)
- Presence of the rust preventive agents reduces the ability of the new oil to separate water in turbine and similar equipment.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
Mobilarma 524 provides an excellent lubricant that also acts as a rust preventive. This allows safe lay-up of equipment that will not be used immediately but may be operated intermittently at low to moderate loads for short periods of time. This product provides excellent rust preventive performance reducing any potential damage that could otherwise occur in non-operating equipment. This saves clean-up and potential rigorous flushing procedures prior to placing the equipment back in service.
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection providing high level protection against rust during seasonal lay-ups, reducing clean-up time required to place equipment back into production, while displacing water from metal surfaces and forms tenacious protective films
- Effective anti-wear properties which protects equipment against wear
- Dual purpose lubricant/rust-preventive nature, reducing costs and time for run-in, testing or adjustment procedures and eliminates unnecessary flushing and draining steps
- Run-in oil and lay-up oil for engines and industrial equipment
- Turbines that will be out of service for long periods
- Hydraulic systems where water is present and the formation of emulsions will not affect operation
- Test calibration oil